Consumers can pay their bills through all banks channels. Main bank channels: Bank branches Internet Banking Phone Banking (IVR) Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) Additional channels: Cash Acceptance Machines (CAM) SMS Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) Corporate Banking Call Center Point of Sales (POS) Self-service Machines Mobile
An estimated 12-15 million man- were spent by customers waiting at bank branches to pay bills. SADAD has facilitated the migration of customers from physical to electronic channels, thereby delivering time and efficiency saves to the overall economy Banks and billers have built IT linkages on a bilateral basis for providing electronic bill payment services. This has created duplicated investments due to the proliferation of non-standard multiple interfaces. SADAD has helped to rationalize this through the development of a shared national infrastructure. SADAD has facilitated the development of secure and standard protocols related to business to consumer transactions over any electronic channels Although the initial focus of SADAD is facilitating standard bill payments, it is expected to provide the basis for developing a wide range of electronic services in the future The Saudi Government is aiming to introduce a wide range of e-government services. SADAD can provide a robust, scalable and flexible platform for a growth of future e-government services
All kind of services can join SADAD, I.e. government, telecommunication, educational, transportation, Financial. etc.
- Billers send summary bills information to SADAD at a pre-determined schedule.
- SADAD validates data received and uploads it into its databas.
- SADAD notifies Billers of any discrepancies.
- Customer requests bill(s) information through Bank channels (1).
- The Bank forwards the request received to SADAD.
- SADAD retrieves bill information from its database and forwards it to customer.
- Customer selects the bill(s) to be paid and the respective amount(s).
- The Bank debits the customer account and confirms the transaction.
- SADAD updates its database based on the Bank’s confirmation (2) .
- SADAD notifies relevant Biller(s) accordingly.
- At the end of the day, SADAD initiates settlement instructions through SARIE .
- At the end of the day, Billers receive reconciliation reports from SADAD showing a breakdown of all transactions processed by SADAD .
- SADAD updates bills status to “settled” .
Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment( EBPP) Prepaid Payments service Real-time payment notifications Reconciliation reports showing a breakdown of all transactions processed by SADAD Periodical reports Access to SADAD Portal Help desk that is dedicated to serve Billers and Banks